A dynamic career awaits you at Pinellas County Government! Our employees deliver first class service and make a difference in the community where we live, work and play.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including a generous time-off package. We also offer development opportunities which will help you to reach your potential and grow in your career.
Nine out of ten of our employees recommend working for Pinellas County Government. Our Unified Personnel System includes more than 3,000 positions. View our current openings and apply today.
- Current Openings
- Check this link often for daily postings.
- Sign up for Job Alert emails to get notified of current openings
- General Application
- Complete a general application with your education and work experience. Later when you apply for a specific position, complete the supplemental questions.
- Allow at least one hour to complete the online application. We suggest typing lengthy answers in a Word document first so you can copy and paste the information into the application.
- Veterans’ Preference Form - Apply for veterans' preference if eligible.
- Employee Referral Program - Include an employee's name on your application and they can earn a day off.
Great Place to Live and Work
- What We Offer - Explore our excellent benefits and retirement package.
- I Am Pinellas County - Find out firsthand what's it like to work for Pinellas County.
- Visit St. Pete-Clearwater - New to the area? Learn what makes living here so special.
- Internships - Get the work experience not found in a classroom.
- Temporary Staffing - Sign up with Personnel Solutions Plus as a temporary contractor.
- Volunteering - Connect your purpose to the community's needs.
Other Government Agencies
Please note that we do not handle employment for the following agencies. To apply, visit their websites:
- Pinellas County School Board
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)
- Public Defender's Office
- Sixth Judicial Circuit
- State of Florida
- Job Class Specifications - Access a list of broad descriptions including general duties and qualifications.
- Selection for Classified Positions - Review the process for hiring new employees.
- Economic Development - View a local employer list, events, demographics, and more.
- Human Resources Employment
Pinellas County, the Unified Personnel System, and all Appointing Authorities are equal opportunity employers. Our continuing policy in the substance, design and administration of our personnel program shall assure the fair and equal treatment of all persons in all aspects for personnel administration without regard to military status, political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law, and with proper regard for their privacy and constitutional rights.