Benefits Enrollment: New Employees
- Enroll in OPUS (accessible 24 hours a day) at opus.pinellascounty.org.
- Your department will provide your OPUS username and password instructions.
- Select PIN Employee Self Service, then Benefits and Benefits Enrollment.
- IMPORTANT: Print the OPUS benefits enrollment confirmation to keep for your records.
- Be prepared with a list of full legal names, Social Security numbers, birth dates and addresses for your dependents and beneficiaries. This information is supplied to the IRS and must match their records.
- You have 30 days from your date of hire to make your benefit elections in OPUS.
- If you fail to make elections within 30 days, you will have to wait until Annual Enrollment in the fall to select coverage to begin the following January 1.
- Benefits are effective the first of the month after 30 days of service (i.e. If you are hired Feb. 16, your benefits are effective April 1).
- Please notify the Employee Benefits team immediately (see our contact information below) if you are currently covered under the Pinellas County medical plan as a spouse, domestic partner or dependent of an active employee.
- Bi-weekly premium deductions are processed each pay date.
Medical includes health (Cigna), prescription (Express Scripts), vision (EyeMed), behavioral/mental health (Cigna) and the Employee Assistance Program (Cigna).
- Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus HSA (Health Savings Account) – To contribute to your HSA using payroll deductions, log into OPUS and choose the links for Employee Self Service and HSA Participant Savings Account. Your HSA will automatically be opened for you.
- Opt Out (full-time employees only) – Select Opt Out of Health in OPUS and submit a notarized affidavit to receive a monthly stipend. Please note that if you do not submit the affidavit, you will default to “decline” and will not receive the monthly stipend.
- Basic PPO
- PPO with Orthodontia
Flexible Spending Account (TASC)
- Dependent Care
Life Insurance (Securian Financial)
- Up to three times annual salary with no Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- Maximum Election: $250,000 (must provide EOI)
- $20,000 Spouse/$10,000 Child(ren)
- $10,000 Spouse/$5,000 Child(ren)
For assistance, please contact:
Human Resources Employee Benefits
400 S. Fort Harrison Ave., First Floor
Clearwater, FL 33756
(727) 464-3367, option 1