Office of Justice Coordination
The Office of Justice Coordination provides a high level of research and development expertise, including monitoring and evaluation of present and future justice programs within Pinellas County to ensure that the citizens of Pinellas receive the highest quality justice and public safety services for the resources provided.
Coordinates cremations from the Medical Examiner’s Office
On September 18, 2007, the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners adopted an ordinance that establishes a fee for providing examinations and investigations relating to cremation, dissection and burial at sea effective October 1, 2007.
On October 20, 2009, the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners approved an amendment to the ordinance increasing the cremation fee from thirty-five dollars ($35.00) to forty dollars ($40.00) for each cremation, dissection, or burial-at-sea, effective November 1, 2009.
Office of Justice Coordination is actively involved with many committees and councils in the public safety and criminal justice arenas.
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Juvenile Justice Circuit Advisory Board
- Pinellas Juvenile Assessment Center Advisory Board
- LiveFree! Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Pinellas County
- Substance Abuse Advisory Board
- Criminal Justice Information System
- Data Collaborative
- Pinellas County Opioid Task Force