The fundamental purpose of the Pinellas County Fleet Management Division is to establish the standard for public fleet management by:
- Responding rapidly and effectively to the transportation, equipment maintenance and fabrication needs of county departments and agencies.
- Integrating technology, materials, labor and information to maximize the returns available from these assets and to create value.
- Supporting county administration in areas where we are uniquely qualified by our skill, knowledge and equipment.
- Creating value by identifying and adapting to opportunities created by social and technological progress.
- Encouraging the professional and personal development of employees to enhance the quality of work life and maximize employee contributions and satisfaction.
- Establishing a leadership position among other public and private fleet organizations by earning the confidence and respect of users, suppliers and competitors, and by materially contributing to the field of fleet management.