FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers open in Palm Harbor and St. Petersburg
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has opened two Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) to assist residents affected by Hurricane Idalia. The following locations opened on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023:
- The Centre at Palm Harbor, 1500 16th St., Palm Harbor, open seven days a week, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- The Enoch Davis Center, 1111 18th Ave. S, St. Petersburg, open seven days a week, 9 a.m.- 7 p.m.
DRCs serve as centralized locations where people can access various services and information related to disaster recovery, including:
- Information and Guidance: DRCs provide information on available disaster assistance programs and resources.
- Application Assistance: You can receive help with applying for federal disaster assistance programs, such as FEMA grants and low-interest loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA). DRC staff can assist you in completing the necessary paperwork and explaining the application process.
- Translation and Accessibility Services: The DRCs offer translation services for individuals with limited English proficiency. They also provide accommodations for people with disabilities to ensure equal access to assistance.
- Status Updates: If you have already applied for assistance, you can check the status of your application at a DRC.
- Access to Disaster-related Resources: The DRCs will have informational materials, pamphlets, and brochures that can help you better understand the recovery process and available resources. DRC staff can refer you to other local, state, and federal agencies or organizations providing additional assistance, such as housing, legal services, and counseling.
- Access to Computers and Phones: DRCs offer computer access and phone services, allowing you to complete online applications.
When visiting a DRC, it’s a good idea to bring identification, proof of residence, insurance information, and any documentation related to your disaster-related losses to facilitate the application process and ensure you receive the appropriate assistance.
Advice & Information for Residents