How to Obtain an Invasive Aquatic Plant Removal Permit
Being prepared will make the application process for a permit to remove an invasive aquatic plant much easier. Please be sure the following steps have been taken and can be demonstrated to a staff biologist.
- Have a management plan.
- Identify and quantify approximate area for control.
- Identify plant species targeted for control.
- Identify all plants within the area of control activities.
- Determine method of removal.
- Ensure your efforts will not adversely affect non-target areas, plants and wildlife.
- Understand the plant management options available.
- Including tools, machines, herbicides and biocontrols.
- Understand the best weather and environmental conditions to perform the plant management..
For questions regarding aquatic plant removal from your freshwater ecosystem please contact either the South Gulf Office or the main office of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Invasive Plant Management Section Main Office
3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS 705
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3000
Phone: (850) 245-2809
South Gulf Office
8302 Laurel Fair Circle, Suite 140
Tampa, FL 33610
Phone: (813) 744-6163