Building and Development Review Services Department
Building and Development Review Services provides building permits, building inspections and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County and the communities of Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Oldsmar and Safety Harbor. The department also reviews land development applications in accordance with the County’s Land Development Code.
- 97,052 phone calls received and processed by BDRS in fiscal year 2022 (an average of 387 calls every business day)
- More than $882 million in permitted construction invested into the Pinellas County economy and region at large in fiscal year 2022
- More than 76,000 next-day inspections performed in fiscal year 2022
- More than 28,000 building permits issued in fiscal year 2022. 75% of permits were issued same-day or next-day
- Ensuring sustainable building in the County’s floodplain contributed to the County’s Class 2 rating in the National Flood Insurance Program, which will save property owners and renters 40% on flood insurance premiums starting in 2024
- More than 2,800 code enforcement cases “brought into compliance” in fiscal year 2022 ( 82% of total cases) without need to advance fines, liens and/or Special Magistrate proceedings
News & StoriesView All News
Residents of unincorporated Pinellas County whose home was damaged and made uninhabitable because of Hurricane Idalia may apply to place a temporary shelter on their property until their primary home can be repaired or replaced.
- July 14, 2023 Pinellas County earns improved Class 2 rating from National Flood Insurance Program
- May 12, 2023 Annual update of local hazard mitigation strategy plan complete
- April 3, 2023 Pinellas County launches new virtual building inspection service
- August 17, 2022 Annual update of local hazard mitigation strategy plan complete