Building and Development Review Services Department
Building and Development Review Services provides building permits, building inspections and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County and the communities of Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Oldsmar and Safety Harbor. The department also reviews land development applications in accordance with the County’s Land Development Code.
- More than $564 million in construction dollars invested into the Pinellas County economy and region-at-large in fiscal year 2021
- BDRS staff have various specialized certifications, licensures and designations, including Certified Building Officials, Flood Plain Managers, Florida Associate of Code Enforcement, Inspectors, Plans Examiners, AICP Planners, Architects, Engineers, OSHA and FEMA.
- 94,423 phone calls received and processed by BDRS in fiscal year 2021 (an average of 382 calls per business day)
- More than 75,000 next-day inspections performed in fiscal year 2021
- More than 17,000 building permits issued same day in fiscal year 2021 (47% of total permits issued)
- More than 2,800 code enforcement cases “brought into compliance” in fiscal year 2021 ( 82% of total cases) without need to advance fines, liens and/or Special Magistrate proceedings
News & StoriesView All News
Pinellas County Government offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25, in observance of Thanksgiving. This includes departments…
- November 4, 2022 Pinellas County Government offices to be closed on Veterans Day
- October 11, 2022 Digital Plan Room Coming Soon
- August 17, 2022 Annual update of local hazard mitigation strategy plan complete
- August 17, 2022 Local hazard mitigation strategy plan updated