Housing and Community Development Department
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) works to make communities vibrant and livable through the implementation of long-term County policies and strategic initiatives in land use, community redevelopment, transportation, and affordable housing.
By 2045, Pinellas County’s population is projected to grow by over 30,000 permanent residents, reaching over a million people.
As of summer 2021, the County has committed $23.4 million toward 1,197 units that include 884 affordable homes.
“To serve the County by facilitating the creation and preservation of healthy, safe, equitable and sustainable neighborhoods, and the protection of the natural ecosystem through an effective and efficient planning and implementation process.”
Please visit our Homes for Pinellas webpage to learn more about our Affordable Housing Program.
Please visit our PLANPinellas webpage for the latest information about Pinellas County’s Comprehensive Plan.
Learn more about the Downtown Palm Harbor Form Based Code.
News & StoriesView All News
Pinellas County Government offices will be closed on Friday, Nov. 11, in observance of Veterans Day. This includes departments under the Board…
- October 7, 2022 Pinellas County celebrates two affordable housing developments
- August 17, 2022 Annual update of local hazard mitigation strategy plan complete
- August 17, 2022 Local hazard mitigation strategy plan updated
- August 2, 2022 BCC passes new renter protections with Tenants Bill of Rights
EventsView All Events
The Local Planning Agency (LPA) consists of appointed members selected from the community. It has the responsibility for making recommendations to the…
- December 12, 2022, 9:00 am Development Review Committee First Floor Conference Room, 310 Court Street
- December 21, 2022, 9:30 am Historic Preservation Board First Floor Conference Room, 310 Court Street
- January 4, 2023, 9:00 am Board of Adjustment and Appeals Hearing 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- January 11, 2023, 9:00 am Local Planning Agency 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- February 8, 2023, 9:00 am Local Planning Agency 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- March 8, 2023, 9:00 am Local Planning Agency 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse