Housing and Community Development Department
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) works to make communities vibrant and livable through the implementation of long-term County policies and strategic initiatives in land use, community redevelopment, transportation, and affordable housing.
By 2045, Pinellas County’s population is projected to grow by over 30,000 permanent residents, reaching over a million people.
As of summer 2021, the County has committed $23.4 million toward 1,197 units that include 884 affordable homes.
“To serve the County by facilitating the creation and preservation of healthy, safe, equitable and sustainable neighborhoods, and the protection of the natural ecosystem through an effective and efficient planning and implementation process.”
Please visit our Homes for Pinellas webpage to learn more about our Affordable Housing Program.
Please visit our PLANPinellas webpage for the latest information about Pinellas County’s Comprehensive Plan.
Learn more about the Downtown Palm Harbor Form Based Code.
News & StoriesView All News
The Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners on Tuesday, Oct. 31, approved $14.4 million to support development of more than 300 homes for rent and homeownership for people at all income levels.
- October 30, 2023 Historic Preservation Board vacancy announced
- October 4, 2023 Homebuyers can get up to $75K zero-interest loan for down payment
- July 19, 2023 County releases Fiscal Year 2024 proposed budget
- July 14, 2023 Pinellas County earns improved Class 2 rating from National Flood Insurance Program
EventsView All Events
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals (BOAA) is a volunteer board appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The BOAA reviews nonconforming…
- December 20, 2023, 9:30 am Historic Preservation Board Meeting
- January 3, 2024, 9:00 am Board of Adjustment and Appeals Hearing 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- February 7, 2024, 9:00 am Board of Adjustment and Appeals Hearing 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- February 7, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room
- March 6, 2024, 9:00 am Board of Adjustment and Appeals Hearing 5th Floor Assembly Room, Pinellas County Courthouse
- April 2, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room