The Public Works Transportation Division manages bridge, roadway and traffic maintenance, which includes Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), for Pinellas County.
54.78 miles of road lanes milled and resurfaced.
611 potholes repaired within 72 hours.
$44.5 million invested in projects to expand and improve roads, bridges, intersections and trails, primarily supported through Penny for Pinellas.
• 200 bicycle helmets given to
kids and properly fitted by certified County staff, in partnership with FDOT, University of
Florida and Johns Hopkins All
• 7,700 bright and reflective
safety devices distributed to kids, vulnerable
road users and residents with limited transportation options.
News & StoriesView All News
Pinellas County’s switch to LED streetlights on several of our roads has saved the County nearly $129,000 per year in electricity costs,…
- November 15, 2022 BCC approves $2.25M in ARPA funds for nonprofit capital projects
- August 5, 2022 Celebration marks opening of Pinellas Duke Energy Trail
- July 28, 2022 Elfer’s Spur Trail Extension of Pinellas Trail closed indefinitely
- February 9, 2022 Pinellas County awarded more than $17 million for flood protection along Joe’s Creek