Apply to be a Small Business Enterprise Vendor
Pinellas County’s Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program
Pinellas County’s Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program is a sheltered market for small businesses. This program allows smaller companies to place bids to sell goods and services to Pinellas County Government. Purchases will range from $5,000 up to $100,000.
The program is non-specific to race or gender. It benefits all eligible small businesses principally located within Pinellas County. Before applying, the business must have operated for at least six months. To be eligible for SBE certification, businesses must also meet the following criteria: Pinellas County SBE Program eligibility and SBE certification process (download).
Before applying, please review the eligibility and certification process, below:
- The business must be located in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, or Manatee counties. A current tax receipt or Sunbiz Articles of Incorporation from at least one of Pinellas County’s 24 municipalities or, Hillsborough, Pasco, or Manatee counties (A post office box is not acceptable as a business address).
- The business must serve a commercially useful function.
- The number of employees averaged over the previous three years must not exceed 50 full-time employees.
- Annual Sales do not exceed the maximum 3-year average gross revenues of three million dollars or less for businesses providing selective goods and services or gross revenues not exceeding eight million dollars for construction service providers.
- Participate in business development education and consultation to include workshops such as – Doing Business with Pinellas County, SBE Contract Compliance Software, Respond to Quotations, Pricing your Service, etc.
To be considered, you must complete BOTH the SBE Program application and the Pinellas County procurement vendor registration application. Effective May 7, 2019
In order to apply for the SBE Program, please complete both applications bulleted below:
Search the SBE Program Vendor Database
Pinellas County’s SBE Program Contract Compliance
Pinellas County’s Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program Contract Compliance: Pinellas County Prime contractors awarded contracts that include an SBE goal, must-visit Small Business Program Management System page once notified through the system and in accordance to the award:
- Add all Subcontractors including the SBE(s) submitted at the time of bid submittal to their respected awarded contract into the Small Business Program Management System with copies of signed agreements for all SBE Contractors.
- Note, changes to SBE Contractors must be approved by the Office of Small Business and Supplier Diversity department with a documented explanation.
- Report monthly payments for ALL subcontractors no later than the 15th of each month
- Respond to discrepancies in a timely manner.