Parks & Conservation Resources Department
The Parks & Conservation Resources Department maintains more than 20,000 acres of parks and preserves. Picnic shelters, camping, playgrounds, boat ramps and trails are among the many amenities enjoyed by our residents and visitors. Our mission is to maintain and protect the inherent value of natural, cultural and recreational resources through access, education, and stewardship that enhances quality of life for our community and future generations.
Parks & Conservation Resources is a department dedicated to the preservation of the county’s most treasured assets: park land, environmentally sensitive land, and the history of Pinellas County, with ongoing education to partner with professionals and the public as we work toward this common goal.
All County-governed parks and preserves are closed on the day after Thanksgiving and December 25 (exception is Fort De Soto Park, which is open all year, excluding shelter reservations).
Assisted with the acquisition and preservation of the Gladys Douglas Preserve, including the submittal of a $2.2M Florida Communities Trust grant.
Initiated the Integrated Vegetation Management orientation program, to date training over 100 participants from Pinellas County and municipal agencies.
Completed interlocal agreement with Pinellas County School Board to allow for development of Highpoint Community Park.
Opened Wall Springs Coastal Addition to include a picnic shelter, restrooms, parking, elevated observation deck, both natural and paved trails, and a 5ft wide sidewalk connecting Alt 19 to the park.
News & StoriesView All News
Pinellas County Parks & Conservation Resources officially reopened Bay Pier at Fort De Soto Park with a ribbon cutting Thursday following completion…
- September 27, 2023 Heritage Village opens historic Turner Bungalow
- September 1, 2023 Hurricane Idalia Response “By the Numbers”
- September 1, 2023 Respuesta al Huracán Idalia “en cifras”
- August 15, 2023 Pinellas County to negotiate preservation land acquisition in Tarpon Springs
ServicesView All Services
Information & ResourcesView All
ProjectsView All Projects
ProgramsView All Programs
- Enjoy Parks and Rec Month in Pinellas County – Trails
- Enjoy Parks and Rec Month in Pinellas County – Playgrounds
- Enjoy Parks and Rec Month in Pinellas County – Hidden Gems
- Enjoy Parks and Rec Month in Pinellas County – Beaches
- Spring has Sprung at the Florida Botanical Gardens – Video from Fox 13
- Gem of Tampa Bay Wall Springs Park – Video from WFLA
- Rare discovery found at Fort De Soto