2023-2024 Annual Action Plan Comment Period Notice
Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, and HOME Investment Partnerships Programs
The Pinellas County Consortium has in place a Five-Year (FY2020-FY2024) Consolidated Plan that identifies housing and community development needs, priorities, objectives, and strategies. A one-year Action Plan (FY 2023-2024) has been prepared to address needs identified in the Consolidated Plan. This notice provides a summary of proposed FY 2023-2024 (FY 23-24) projects and funding and locations for reviewing and providing comment on the Action Plan. The Action Plan is subject to final approval by the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The Pinellas County Consortium consists of the Urban County and the City of Largo, with Pinellas County serving as administrator of the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) program. Currently, the Urban County includes all the unincorporated areas and nineteen cities cooperating in Pinellas County’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Funding sources of proposed projects are the Pinellas County CDBG and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs, and the Consortium’s HOME program.
Funds projections expected to be available are as follows (the City of Largo is advertising their CDBG funding and proposed projects separately):
|$ 2,475,188.00||CDBG Entitlement|
|$45,000.00||CDBG Program Income|
|$46,677.84||CDBG Available Prior Year Funds|
|$875,000.00||HOME Program Income|
FY 2023-2024 funds are proposed to be allocated as follows:
Target Area, Public Facility and Public Infrastructure Improvement Programs
- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast Tarpon Springs Facility Rehabilitation ($60,692.78 CDBG)
- CASA Facility Rehabilitation ($100,000 CDBG)
- Directions for Living Facility Rehabilitation ($67,584 CDBG)
- Florida Dream Center Facility Rehabilitation ($66,526.50 CDBG)
- Homeless Empowerment Program Multi-Purpose Facility Rehabilitation ($110,000 CDBG)
- Homeless Empowerment Program Service Center Facility Rehabilitation ($122,540 CDBG)
- PARC – Bert Muller Facility Rehabilitation ($75,000 CDBG)
- PARC – Bert Muller Facility Rehabilitation – Phase 3 ($320,439 CDBG)
- PEMHS Facility Rehabilitation ($400,000 CDBG)
- Vincent House Facility Rehabilitation ($147,799.94 CDBG)
- WestCare Florida Gulf Coast Mustard Seed Facility Rehabilitation ($28,424)
- YMCA of the Suncoast Greater Ridgecrest Facility Rehabilitation ($25,000 CDBG)
- Target Area Code Enforcement ($80,750 CDBG)
- Target Area Community Enhancement Program ($65,551.66 CDBG)
- Target Area Land Acquisition/Site Development ($15,000 CDBG)
- Activity Delivery
Public Services Program
- Community Law Program Operations ($57,736.02 CDBG)
- Gulfcoast Legal Services Operations ($63,736 CDBG)
- YMCA of the Suncoast Omni Center Operations ($235,000 CDBG)
- Target Area Community Clean-ups ($18,948.34 CDBG)
Homeless and Homelessness Prevention Services Program
- ESG Program Components: Homelessness Prevention/Rapid Re-Housing ($101,522.31 ESG)
- ESG Program Component: HMIS/Data Collection ($1,500 ESG)
- Homeless Leadership Alliance Homeless Management Information System ($95,378.17 ESG)
Housing Preservation, Housing Production, Homeownership Promotion Programs
- City of Largo Affordable Housing Programs ($290,492.28 HOME)
In addition, an estimated $7.3M in allocation and program income from the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program and approximately $325,000 in program income from the local Housing Trust Fund program, less administration will be used towards affordable housing goals.
- $748,516.02 Federal Grants
1Alternates: If additional funding becomes available, alternate projects are proposed based on the amount of additional funds received and readiness of projects to proceed.
- Directions for Living Clearwater/Largo Facility Rehabilitation ($236,735)
- Tampa Bay Neighborhood Housing Services Facility Rehabilitation ($115,748)
Approximately 100% of Pinellas County CDBG funds are allocated to activities which principally benefit low- and moderate-income households.
Availability for Viewing
A draft of the Pinellas County Consortium 2023-2024 Action Plan is available for viewing and public comment from May 14, 2023 to June 12, 2023. The draft Plan will be available on the Community Development website at https://pinellas.gov/department/community-development and at the following locations between May 14, 2023 to June 12, 2023.
- Pinellas County Community Development, 310 Court Street, Clearwater, FL 33756
- City of Largo Community Development Department, 201 Highland Avenue, Largo, FL 33779
- Lealman Exchange Community Center, 5175 45th Street N, Lealman, FL 33714
Additionally, a draft of the plan is available in paper format or .pdf by request by contacting the Pinellas County Community Development Division at 727-464-8210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Public comment on the Plan is invited and should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Pinellas County Community Development Division at the address above.
Community development and housing programs are administered in a nondiscriminatory manner, consistent with equal employment opportunities, affirmative action, and fair housing requirements. Questions, concerns, complaints, or requests for information in alternative formats should be directed to Community Development staff at 727-464-8210.