Community Development Division
Community Development, a division of the Housing and Community Development Department, implements programs that expand affordable housing opportunities, revitalize neighborhoods, and improve community infrastructure, facilities, and services.
Pinellas County offers up to $50,000 in an interest-free, deferred payment loan to help with down payment and closing costs.
Pinellas County’s Home Repair Loan Program provides up to $55,000 in an interest-free loan, to help low- and moderate-income homeowners make eligible improvements to their homes.
Pinellas County offers grants of up to $10,000 to low- and moderate-income homeowners for home accessibility improvements to enhance the lives of physically disabled residents.
EventsView All Events
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC), appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, reviews policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and…
- April 2, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room
- June 5, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room
- August 7, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room
- October 2, 2024, 4:00 pm Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting Pinellas County Communications – Palm Room
Information & ResourcesView All
ProgramsView All Programs
Notice of Public Hearings/Public Meetings
- 10/11/2023 – Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Meeting – Public Hearing – The Draft Affordable Housing Incentives Strategies Review and Recommendation Report will be available for public comment.
Notice of Funding Availability
- No current NOFAs.
Notice of Availability for Viewing
Pinellas County’s SHIP Annual Report for State Fiscal Years 2020-2021, 2021-2022, and 2022-2023 is available for public review and comment from August 27, 2023, through September 10, 2023. Written comments on the reports may be submitted to Pinellas County Housing and Community Development Department, 310 Court Street, Clearwater, FL 33756 or directly to the Florida Housing Finance Corporation, 227 N. Bronough Street, Suite 5000, Tallahassee, FL 32301. Written public comments shall identify the author by name, address, and interest affected and must be received by September 10, 2023.
Pinellas County’s 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan that identifies housing and community development needs, priorities, objectives, and strategies as well as the FY 2023-2024 proposed projects was approved by the Board of County Commissioners on July 18, 2023. The 2023-2024 Action Plan has been submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for final approval.
Pinellas County’s CAPER for the 2021-2022 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) programs, including Community Development Block Grant Program – Coronavirus Response (CDBG-CV) and Emergency Solution Grant – Coronavirus Response funds (ESG-CV) has been submitted to HUD for approval.