ID Badge Procedure
- Identification (ID) badges are automatically issued by Human Resources to all new employees of the Unified Personnel System and other County agencies housed in County owned or operated facilities.
- New employees are photographed during their onboarding appointment or they provide a photograph to Human Resources (see Badge Photo Requirements).
- HR staff will send the badge to the employee’s supervisor so they will have their ID before their first day on the job.
- All employees are expected to have their County issued ID badge in their possession while at work, per Unified Personnel Board Policy #1.
- ID badges serve as building access cards for many work locations.
- Human Resources notifies Real Estate Management that a new badge has been issued and needs to be coded for building access.
- If your ID badge is not providing access to the correct building, notify your supervisor to contact Real Estate Management at (727) 464-3488.
- If you would like to use your badge to access the Wellness Center at 324 S. Fort Harrison Avenue, Clearwater, schedule an orientation using the Wellness Center Orientation Sign-up Form.
- Request a new ID badge using the Badge Request Form if your badge is lost, damaged or stolen, or you have a name change.
Change of Department (Promotion, Transfer, Demotion)
- Request a new ID badge using the Badge Request Form.
- Give your old ID badge to your new supervisor who sends it to Human Resources (HRIS, Annex) by interoffice mail.
- A new photo is not necessary unless the current photo is more than 5 years old.
- Employees or retirees who need an updated ID badge photo have two options:
- Provide a photo per the Badge Photo Requirements (e.g., headshot taken indoors, no hat, plain background, etc.) and email it to email@example.com.
- Come to the Annex building to be photographed by Human Resources staff. Please notify us ahead of time by calling (727) 464-3367, option 2, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your ID badge photo will only be updated every 5 years or as special needs require, per Unified Personnel Board Policy #1.
Resignation and Termination
- Employees who leave County employment must turn over their ID badge to their supervisor who will send it to Human Resources (HRIS, Annex) by interoffice mail for destruction.
- Pinellas County retirees may request an ID badge for Wellness Center use or local discounts using the Badge Request Form.