Important Application Information
Read the following information carefully.
- It is very important that you complete the entire application. Answer all questions that apply to you. Incomplete forms will not be accepted or considered for employment. Answers such as “see resume” will not be accepted or considered.
- I am aware that any omissions, falsifications, misstatements or misrepresentations may disqualify me for employment consideration and, if I am hired, may be grounds for termination at a later date.
- I understand that any information I give may be investigated as allowed by law.
- I consent to the release of information about my ability, employment history and fitness for employment by employers, schools, law enforcement agencies, and other individuals and organizations to investigators, personnel staff and other authorized employees of Pinellas County government for employment purposes. I will hold no person, corporation or organization liable for giving or receiving information in this investigation.
- I hereby authorize Pinellas County government to obtain college or university transcripts and/or employment references from my former employers.
- Be advised that the Florida Supreme Court has ruled that all information supplied while making application with all state, county and municipal entities and agencies becomes a part of public record under provisions of Chapter 119 of Florida Statutes and, as such, must be made available to interested parties upon specific request.
- The Unified Personnel System complies with the federal Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a drug screening, which would be part of the entrance physical examination.
- The Unified Personnel System complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Requests for accommodations in the application and selection process should be made to the Human Resources Department. Verification of need for accommodation may be required. Reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, as a condition of employment, management reserves the right to compensate employees who work overtime and who are eligible for overtime compensation either monetarily or with a compensatory time off.
- Veterans preference will be given to eligible veterans or their spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statues and Florida Administrative Code Chapter 55-7 with respect to veterans preference.
- Should you be offered employment, we will need to verify your eligibility for employment in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Various forms of identification are outlined by this legislation. A copy of the required identification is available on request.
- I understand that, as a Pinellas County employee, it will be my responsibility to provide disaster assistance during times of emergency.
- The Unified Personnel System of Pinellas County government is an equal employment opportunity employer.