Personnel File Review Procedure
Viewing Your File
- You may may review your own employee file at any time during normal business hours.
- If possible, please email the Human Resources front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727) 464-3367 in advance to expedite the process and ensure that your file is waiting for you when you arrive.
- If necessary, we may accommodate walk-in requests for a single file review.
Viewing Other Employees’ Files
- If you wish to review the personnel files of other employees, please contact Human Resources at (727) 464-3367. Under public records law, we will redact protected information such as social security numbers prior to viewing. The affected employees, as well as your manager, will be notified of this request.
- We can accommodate management requests to review multiple files for hiring or promotion purposes within two to 24 hours, depending on the number of files.
- Email Human Resources at email@example.com with the purpose of your request and a list of the names of the employees whose files you are requesting.
- You may request copies of your files or the files of other county employees. If you request copies of other employees’ files, we will notify both the affected employees and your manager.
- Please submit your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (727) 464-3367.
- You will be charged $0.15 per page, and we must receive payment before we copy the files. Please pay in cash or by a check made payable to Board of County Commissioners.
- After your request, please allow one week for delivery. You may choose to pick up your files at the Human Resources Department (400 South Fort Harrison Avenue, Fourth Floor), or to have them sent to you either through interoffice mail or U.S. mail.
Personnel File Update
- The application in your personnel file is usually the one you completed when the county hired you. Subsequent applications you completed for promotional positions are not placed in your personnel file.
- We encourage you to periodically update your personnel file by providing us with updated resumes.