Private Sewer Lateral Rebate Program
Pinellas County Utilities is offering one-time rebates to eligible property owners of single-family homes for the cost of inspecting and replacing or rehabilitating (lining) their private sewer lateral (PSL). Rebates will not be provided for point repairs, restoration or maintenance to PSLs.
Single-family homes identified in the red sections of the map may be eligible for PSL rebates.
Eligible sewer customers who apply for a PSL inspection rebate can receive 100% up to $350 of the inspection cost.
Eligible sewer customers who apply for a full PSL replacement or rehabilitation rebate can receive 50% up to $3,500 of the cost.
Rebates are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis until funds run out.
See if your residential property is eligible:
One-time rebates are for Pinellas County Utilities sewer customers who meet the following criteria.
- The customer owns a single-family home property in the Pinellas County Utilities service area.
- The home’s PSL connects directly to the Pinellas County sanitary sewer system.
- The customer does not owe money to Pinellas County through any liens or unpaid fees. Liens and fees can be checked at Pinellas County Public Records (mypinellasclerk.org).
- The customer understands all the requirements for the PSL video inspection listed on the PSL Video Inspection Form. Additional PSL rebate inspection information can be viewed at Private Sewer Lateral Video Inspection – Pinellas County.
- The customer hires a Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) certified or registered plumber to perform the inspection and meet all rebate requirements. The customer makes sure the plumber understands and agrees to meet all rebate requirements before work is performed.
- The customer approves a PCCLB-certified or registered plumber to fully replace or rehabilitate their defective PSL. Once work is complete, the customer verifies the County permit related to the work is closed by going to Pinellas County Access Portal (accela.com). After logging into the Pinellas County Access Portal, the customer can view permits by selecting the “Utilities” tab, then using the search function.
- The PCCLB-certified or registered plumber completes the PSL inspection and replacement or rehabilitation work on or after Oct. 1, 2022.
- The customer completes an online application using the Pinellas County Access Portal at Pinellas County Access Portal (accela.com).
- First-time users of the application portal will need to create an account.
- Within the Access Portal, customers must select the “Utilities” tab, then select “Submit an Application” to start the rebate application process.
- The customer submits a complete rebate application within 90 days of work being completed.
|PSL inspection is complete on or after October 1, 2022.||90 days from the date of the inspection.|
|PSL replacement or rehabilitation is complete.||90 days from the date the inspection date closing the related PSL permit.|
View Private Sewer Lateral Program Frequently Asked Questions – Pinellas County for additional details.
If you have additional questions, contact: email@example.com or (727) 464-4000.