62nd Avenue N. Roadway Improvements (49th Street N. to 34th Street N.)
62nd Avenue N., between 49th Street N. and 34th Street N.
Study: In progress
The proposed project would provide improvements along 62nd Avenue N. from 49th Street N. to 34th Street N. This segment of roadway is approximately 1.5 miles long. The project includes roadway and drainage improvements with a focus on safety and multimodal mobility.
The improvements being studied include enhanced turn lanes at the signalized intersections of 49th Street N. and 34th Street N. to improve the level of service at these intersections. The roadway improvements being studied include a Type F curb and gutter with one travel lane in each direction and a center two-way turn lane. Multimodal transportation improvements being studied include wider sidewalks, a multipurpose trail, mid-block crossings that create pedestrian refuge islands and boarding areas for PSTA bus stops.
Anticipated Project Schedule
- Engineering Study Start: June 2021
- Engineering Study Completion: Summer 2023
- Design Start: To be determined
- Design End: To be determined
- Construction Start: To be determined
- Construction End: To be determined
- March 8, 2023: Pinellas County held an open house from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Lealman Exchange to provide information about the project, share preliminary designs, discuss the project schedule and answer questions. View the presentation on YouTube.
The latest updates can be found on this webpage.
John Carpenter, P.E.
Public Works / Capital Improvements
14 S. Ft. Harrison Ave., Clearwater, FL 33756