Contractor Licensing Department
HB 735 – If you are a locally licensed specialty contractor, the State has made changes that will affect your license.
The Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board
The Contractor Licensing Department oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in Pinellas County. The department performs the operational function of the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB). The PCCLB, a dependent agency to the Board of County Commissioners, regulates the construction and home improvement industry through uniform contractor competency licensing, code adoption and code interpretations in Pinellas County.
- Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) - Renew licenses, pay fines, education requirements, county and city codes
- Contractor Classifications / Work Descriptions
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor l Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List l A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business l A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips l Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor l Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law l How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams l Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at