Pinellas County Strategic Plan
The Pinellas County Strategic Plan was developed to allow for the most efficient and effective use of public resources, provide the highest quality customer service and create a supportive, rewarding work environment.
The plan consists of five strategic goals, each of which incorporates four to six strategies. Each strategy is supported by actions that are carried out by county departments that provide the building blocks for reaching the goals.
Pinellas County is committed to high standards of quality service, respectful engagement and responsible resource management. Every aspect of our strategic plan serves to fulfill these standards.
Curious to see how we’re doing? Explore an initial set of community-level outcome data for each area of the Strategic Plan.
Goals and Strategies
Create a Quality Workforce in a Positive, Supportive Organization
- 1.1 Recruit, select and retain the most diverse and talented workforce.
- 1.2 Leverage, promote and expand opportunities for workforce growth and development.
- 1.3 Make workforce safety and wellness a priority.
- 1.4 Maintain a fair and competitive compensation package.
Ensure Public Health, Safety and Welfare
- 2.1 Provide planning, coordination, prevention, and protective services to create and enhance a safe, secure, and healthy community
- 2.2 Be a facilitator, convener and purchaser of services for those in need.
- 2.3 Provide comprehensive services to connect our veterans and dependents to the benefits they have earned.
- 2.4 Support programs that seek to prevent and remedy the causes of homelessness and move homeless individuals and families to permanent housing
- 2.5 Enhance pedestrian and bicycle safety.
Practice Superior Environmental Stewardship
- 3.1 Implement green technologies and practices where practical.
- 3.2 Preserve and manage environmental lands, beaches, parks and historical assets.
- 3.3 Protect and improve the quality of our water, air and other natural resources.
- 3.4 Reduce/reuse/recycle resources including energy, water and solid waste.
- 3.5 Foster a sustainable and resilient community that is prepared for sea level rise and a changing climate
Foster Continual Economic Growth and Vitality
- 4.1 Proactively attract and retain businesses with targeted jobs to the county and the region.
- 4.2 Invest in communities that need the most.
- 4.3 Catalyze redevelopment through planning and regulatory programs.
- 4.4 Invest in infrastructure to meet current and future needs.
- 4.5 Provide safe and effective transportation systems to support the efficient flow of motorists, commerce, and regional connectivity.
- 4.6 Support a vibrant community with recreation, arts, and culture to attract residents and visitors.
Deliver First-Class Services to the Public and Our Customers
- 5.1 Maximize partner relationships and public outreach.
- 5.2 Be responsible stewards of the public’s resources.
- 5.3 Ensure effective and efficient delivery of county services and support.
- 5.4 Strive to serve the needs of all Pinellas County residents and customers.