Pinellas County parks and preserves are perfect venues for making wonderful memories. If you are planning a wedding or other special event, we welcome you to consider one of our County parks, which host hundreds of special events each year.
The PDF application forms can be filled out before printing. To do so, use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 8 or higher.
- Special Events & Facility Use Guidelines – Please review this guide and follow procedures.
- Special Event Permit Application
- Wedding Application
- Facilities Use Application
- Concession Vendor Permit Application
- Rules / Permit for Filming in County Parks
- Insured Vendor List – Vendors who want to be added to this list must contact Risk Management at (727) 464-3664.
If you wish to have a special event or wedding at a Pinellas County park, you must submit the appropriate special event permit application or wedding application. For special events and weddings at The Florida Botanical Gardens, Brooker Creek Preserve, and Sand Key Park (beach) you must contact the vendors for those locations.
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 90 days before the event, but no earlier than one year in advance. If you require the use of a shelter, the shelter reservation should be made independently of the special event permit application. Shelter reservation fees will apply.
Shelter reservations do not guarantee an event will be approved nor does a special event permit application have precedence in shelter reservations.
All payments for the event must be paid upon final event approval. Total fees will be determined once your application is received.
Event organizer(s) and any vendor(s) providing services in a Pinellas County park must provide proof of liability insurance, as well as indemnification for the County. This is a safeguard for our residents and visitors.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all federal, state, city, etc. requirements have been met and all permits have been obtained.
- Review the Special Events & Facility Use Guidelines.
- Complete the appropriate application (special event or wedding).
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The special events coordinator will contact you acknowledging receipt of your application. Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee approval.
- Your application will go through an approval process.
- If your application is approved, the event organizer will receive an approval permit letter stipulating the terms of agreement. Note: The approval permit letter must be kept onsite during the event.
|Attendance 1-50||$100 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 51-150||$150 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 151-300||$300 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 301-1,000||$500 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 1,001-2,500||$750 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 2,501-5,00||$1,000 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance 5,001+||$2,000 per day, plus tax|
|Weddings (non commercial) - fees may vary by park|
|Attendance 1-50||$50 per day, plus tax|
|Attendance over 51||$100 per day, plus tax|
|Weddings (supported by commercial vendor)|
|Fee does not vary by attendance, but may vary by park||$150 per day, plus tax|
|Picnic Shelter Reservations|
|Reserve a Shelter|
|Concession Vendor Permit|
|Parking and Road Closure Fees|
|Full Road Closure|
|Partial Road Closure||$1,500|
- Sand Key Park (Beach)
- All commercial and non-commercial weddings at Sand Key Park must be processed through our vendor, Bon Appetit Group Inc. For information on making arrangements for weddings at Sand Key, you can contact them online or by calling (727) 260-5503 (select option #3).
- Note: You should call this vendor even if you are planning a wedding with only a few people on the beach. They will know what events may already be scheduled on the beach, so you will know not to disrupt a scheduled wedding. Weddings held at a picnic shelter in Sand Key Park are not required to contact the vendor unless they are going to take pictures on the beach, in which case the vendor must be notified.
- Brooker Creek Preserve and Florida Botanical Gardens
- For all commercial and non-commercial weddings at Florida Botanical Gardens and Brooker Creek Preserve please email completed applications to email@example.com.
Pricing for Shelters
- Prices for shelters vary by park and by the size of the shelter
- 0–95 people: $26.63
- 96–191 people: $53.25
- 192–287 people: $79.88
- 288 people & up*: $106.50 (Philippe Park and Fort De Soto only)
- Shelters that are 1st come 1st served cannot be reserved and we cannot accept any form of payment for them
- A.L. Anderson Park
- Boca Ciega Millennium Park
- John Chesnut Sr. Park
- Eagle Lake Park
- Fred Howard Park – Beach
- Fort De Soto Park – Beach
- Lake Seminole Park
- Philippe Park
- Ridgecrest Park
- Sawgrass Lake Park
- John S. Taylor Park
- Wall Springs Park
- Walsingham Park
- War Veterans’ Park
- Park Rules
- Park Hours
- St Petersburg – Clearwater Convention and Visitors Bureau – Find additional ideas on the many beautiful venues for your wedding in the Tampa Bay area.
- Filming Permit
Questions / Further Assistance
If you have additional questions, please contact our special events coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (727) 582-2581.