Biometric Screening & Health Assessment
2023 Deadline Change
Due to Quest’s reporting schedule and year-end processing requirements, complete your 2023 biometric screening and health assessment between January 23 and November 30, 2023. If you use the Physician Results Form, please upload it rather than faxing, and we encourage you to submit it by November 1 to allow for the longer processing time. For step-by-step instructions, see the Direct-to-Quest Help Guide and Physician Results Form Help Guide.
Need to confirm that you completed both steps in 2022? Use the Completion Help Guide. If you did not complete both activities by December 20, 2022, $29.42 will be deducted from each paycheck over 17 pay periods beginning May 12, 2023.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Employees who complete an annual biometric screening and health assessment in 2023 earn a preferred medical plan premium which will save $500 in 2024. The goal of these activities is to identify your risk for health issues, such as high blood pressure or diabetes, which may be prevented through early detection and lifestyle changes. All lab work results and assessment responses are confidential.
- The time period to complete your annual biometric screening and health assessment is January 23 to November 30, 2023.
- Biometric Screening: Access Direct-to-Quest Diagnostics® (Patient Service Center) appointments and physician forms at My.QuestForHealth.com.
- Health Assessment: Take the health assessment in the Wellness section of www.myCigna.com.
What has changed in 2023?
- New time period: January 23 to November 30 (lab work or health assessments completed outside of this time period will not qualify to earn the preferred premium).
What has not changed in 2023?
- Same process
- Same cost savings ($500)
- Same vendors (Quest for biometric screening and Cigna for health assessment)
- Same health indicators measured for the biometric screening:
- Blood pressure
- Waist circumference
- Cholesterol (HDL, LDL, total)
- HgbA1C (optional test to measure your average blood sugar level)
- Similar questions in the online health assessment
How do I qualify for the 2024 preferred premium?
- Complete a biometric screening between January 23 and November 30, 2023. The biometric screening uses bloodwork and body measurements to identify potential health risks. Access both screening options by logging in to My.QuestForHealth.com. To set up a new account, use the registration key of PinellasCounty23. If you used the site previously, log in with your username and password; do not use the registration key. If you do not remember, click Forgot Username or Forgot Password for Quest assistance (Pinellas County cannot access your account). For detailed instructions, use the links below to access help guides:
- Option 1: Direct-to-Quest Patient Service Center Appointments – We recommend that you use this option which is the quickest and most convenient. No paperwork is required. This option is always free even if you have other lab work ordered by your doctor.
- Option 2: Physician Results Form – Use for in-network lab work ordered by your doctor (labs such as BayCare or Labcorp), or for convenience care clinics (Walgreens, CVS, etc.). Paperwork is required. Please upload the form rather than faxing it. We encourage you to submit the form by November 1 to allow for the longer processing time.
- Complete a health assessment by November 30, 2023. The health assessment is an online questionnaire that provides a private health checkup and personalized wellness recommendations. Visit www.myCigna.com and click on Wellness then My Health Assessment.
Which biometric screening option should I use?
- In order for your results to be counted as complete, you must use Option 1: Direct-to-Quest or Option 2: Physician Results Form.
- Option 1: Direct-to-Quest is the quickest, most efficient way to get the biometric screening.
- If you want to use Option 1 AND do additional labs your doctor orders, you must make an appointment using the Pinellas Quest site AND a separate appointment through the regular Questdiagnostics.com site for your doctor’s lab orders. That way, the lab technician at Quest knows they need to draw blood for separate lab work.
- If you want your doctor to order all of the lab work, including everything on the biometric screening, use Option 2: Physician Results Form. Do NOT make an appointment on the Pinellas Quest site. Make an appointment at any in-network lab. We encourage you to complete the lab work your doctor ordered and have the doctor complete the form early in the year if possible since it can take up to 5 weeks for the form to be processed by Quest and sent to Cigna. We recommend submitting the form by November 1 due to the longer processing time.
- Another option for the Physician Results Form is to print the form and take it to a convenience care clinic such as CVS or Walgreens for completion and signature.
If my annual physical is in November or December, how can I submit the Physician Results Form by November 1 as recommended?
You do NOT have to wait 365 days from last year’s annual physical for this year’s appointment. Our medical plan runs on a calendar year which means insurance will cover the cost of the visit and preventive lab work anytime during the year. Therefore, we recommend scheduling your appointment earlier in the year if you use the Physician Results Form and have your doctor order lab work as part of your annual physical. For example, if your last physical was in November, you can schedule the appointment earlier (such as September) without incurring any cost.
If your doctor requires you to wait 365 days before scheduling this year’s appointment and this year’s appointment is in November or December, we recommend using the Direct-to-Quest option for biometric screening earlier in the year to ensure you meet the November 30 deadline.
What if I got my biometric screening between January 1 and 22, 2023?
If you had a biometric screening done before the January 23 start date, the lab work does not qualify to earn the preferred premium.
Schedule another blood draw using the Direct-to-Quest Patient Service Center appointment scheduler at My.QuestForHealth.com. There is no additional cost although you already had lab work done.
What if I got bloodwork done but did not use the Direct-to-Quest or Physician Results Form options?
Your biometric screening will not be considered completed unless you use Option 1: Direct-to-Quest or Option 2: Physician Results Form.
Schedule another blood draw using the Direct-to-Quest Patient Service Center appointment scheduler at My.QuestForHealth.com (no additional cost even if you already had lab work done). Or you can download a Physician Results Form and ask your doctor or a lab technician to complete the form including the physical measurements (height, weight and waist circumference).
Who is exempt from completing the biometric screening and health assessment?
The following are exempt from completing the biometric screening and health assessment in 2023:
- Employees whose medical coverage begins on July 1, 2023 or later
- Employees who opt out of the County’s medical plan
- Spouses/domestic partners
How can I check whether I completed my biometric screening and/or health assessment?
Use the Completion Help Guide to view step-by-step instructions and screenshots from the Cigna website to confirm completion.
Do I need to set up a new account on My.QuestForHealth.com if I used it last year?
No. Log in with your username and password (not PinellasCounty23). If you do not remember, click Forgot Username or Forgot Password for Quest assistance (Pinellas County cannot access your account).
What if I complete my health assessment before doing my biometric screening?
You may complete the assessment at any time using your lab results. If you wait until Cigna processes the information, the data will auto-fill in the assessment. NOTE: Due to processing times, auto-fill can take up to 5 weeks during peak times. If it is close to the November 30 deadline, we strongly recommend inputting your results manually.
You can take the assessment as many times as you wish. Cigna recommends doing it twice yearly.
If you do the assessment first and don’t want to do it again after your biometric screening, you will still receive credit for completing both items.