Community Outreach / Public Engagement for the Pinellas Trail North Gap Project
The construction of the Pinellas Trail North Gap project is complete and the trail opened to the public in August 2022, with the exception of the new pedestrian bridge over the Lake Tarpon Outfall Canal.
The bridge is scheduled to begin construction in early 2024 and is expected to be complete before Summer 2025.
While the bridge is being constructed, a temporary connection of the trail from the intersection of Tampa Road and McMullen Booth Road to East Lake Rd S. is available via existing sidewalks in the area. Trail connection signage has been added.
Meeting / Workshop Notices
- Board of County Commissioners (BCC) Work Session – February 4, 2021
- Result: The BCC directed staff to proceed with the Alignment A option while working with the community to maximize safety and mitigate privacy concerns.
- Northside Drive/Countryside Blvd Trail Connection Project Information Meeting – Oct. 29, 2019
- Board of County Commissioners Work Session – June 20, 2019
- Neighborhood Information Workshop and Open House – Nov, 13, 2018
- Information Workshop Meeting Notice
- Watch the video of the Open House below