Tobacco Cessation Resources
Pinellas County is committed to the health and wellness of its employees. Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability and death in the United States. Research shows that tobacco users are the most successful in kicking the habit when they have support. We support tobacco users by offering free resources and cessation programs.
Employees who use tobacco products will be charged an annual $500 tobacco premium unless they complete a tobacco cessation program in-person, by phone or online.
Learn about the Tobacco Premium & Cessation Programs.
- Pinellas County Tobacco Cessation Classes – View upcoming classes or request classes at your worksite with a minimum of 3 participants.
Resources for Quitting
- Tobacco Cessation Hotline – 1-877-U-CAN-NOW (1-877-822-6669)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Counseling and support
- Nicotine replacement products – The following FDA-approved tobacco cessation aids are available at no cost:
- Nicotine gum, skin patches, lozenges
- Nicotine inhaler (Nicorette)
- Nicotine nasal spray (Nicotrol)
- Pills (Zyban or Chantix)
- Websites with resources, tools and tips:
There is a wealth of data regarding the harmful effects of tobacco use from reputable organizations including:
- American Cancer Society
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Contact your department’s Wellness Champion.
- Contact the Wellness Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 464-3367, option 2.