Procure to Pay Specialist
Pay Grade: C21
Job Code: 08446
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
Performs technical and administrative work supporting the Procure to Pay purchasing support business operations of the Department of Administrative Services; works closely with Purchasing, Clerks Finance, and County departments to perform County-wide purchasing support functions such as processing change orders, purchase orders and purchasing card transactions. Provides outreach and coordination of training for employees in various departments as it relates to specific Purchasing procure to pay functionality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (examples, not all inclusive)
- Processes purchase requisitions, creating encumbrance releases against County contracts for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process for County operations;
- Processes change orders for County operations;
- Processes day-to-day functions and operations of the Board of County Commissioners Purchasing Card and Credit Card Acceptance Programs;
- Conducts procurement training sessions for County staff related to Oracle EBS functionality specific to procure to pay functions;
- Recommends and maintains procure to pay policy and procedure updates;
- Maintains documents, files, and records for the purpose of providing up to date reference and audit trail for compliance;
- Assists staff and/or vendors for the purpose of providing information and facilitating purchasing process;
- Contacts vendors and employees for the purpose of verifying information and/or responding to inquiries and to expedite orders;
- Monitors vendor performance/compliance;
- Develops and maintains reports as needed;
- Represents the Purchasing Department on committees pertaining to procure to pay processes;
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Four (4) years of experience in accounting techniques, purchasing, and/or procure to pay processes; or an Associate’s degree with a major coursework in finance, accounting, business administration, public administration, computer systems, or related field and two (2) years of experience as described above; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Special Qualifications (May be required depending on area of assignment):
- Florida Driver’s License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Other knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials required for a specific position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of purchasing and/or public accounting, principles, procedures, and/or practices;
- Knowledge of governmental budgets;
- Knowledge of standard software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet access, and data processes;
- Knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic and bookkeeping standards;
- Ability to operate a personal computer and apply basic software applications;
- Ability to deal with vendors and employees with tact and diplomacy in resolving stressful or conflicting situations;
- Ability to prepare and manage accurate records and utilize County enterprise software;
- Ability to train departmental staff related to procure to pay functionality and conduct training classes countywide;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain and retrieve statistical and factual reports and provide appropriate assistance.
The work is light work which requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Visual ability: Sufficient to effectively operate office equipment including copier, computer, etc.; and to read and write reports, correspondence, instructions, etc.
- Hearing ability: Sufficient to hold a conversation with other individuals both in person and over a telephone; and to hear recording on transcription device.
- Speaking ability: Sufficient to communicate effectively with other individuals in person and over a telephone.
- Mental acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs.