Quality Assurance Associate
Pay Grade: E18
Job Code: 14639
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
Performs professional work tactical in nature which includes entry-intermediate level analytical and technical work tasks that involve ‘hands-on’ end-to-end testing for a range of new and ongoing projects across multiple technology platforms and within an adopted framework methodology. Employees in this class are expected to identify and resolve minor work problems. Work requires creative and original thinking and is performed under the direction of more senior professional staff with considerable latitude for individual and team initiative, judgment, and discretion in working with customers to determine hardware, maintain functioning operations, as well as to achieve business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (examples, not all inclusive)
- Demonstrates entry-intermediate level proficiency in two of the departmental section disciplines: Database Administration, Network Management, Desktop Management, Server Management, Application Design, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Security Management, Quality Assurance, Incident Management, Financial Management, Project Management, Document Management, Service Management, Asset Management, Production Application Services, Storage Area Network, Middleware Management;
- Demonstrates entry-intermediate level job knowledge, quality, dependability, judgment, communications and initiative, with demonstrated intermediate-level proficiency in meeting design specifications of computer systems, programs and operating systems, with the following core competencies: Analysis, Design, Business Process Improvement, Data Modeling, Development, Planning, Implementation, Test Script Development, Monitoring/Controls, Troubleshooting/Problem Solving, Documentation, and Service Motivation;
- Demonstrates technical support that fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust. Facilitates and fosters open communication and cooperation within the organization and with customer groups in a team environment;
- Supports organizational change that fosters a quality of service essential to high performance. Supports a shared vision and is able to work with others to translate vision into actions and meaningful contributions that drive performance to higher levels of effectiveness and productivity;
- Shows initiative; effectively manages and performs personal daily activities and multiple minor projects under the discipline of defined departmental business processes;
- Executes project plans/schedules, tasks, work assignments and critical milestones, with a demonstrated ability to focus on priority tasks;
- Identifies and analyzes minor problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; provides solutions to problems;
- Takes ownership of assignments and minor cross-sectional problems and works with a team to resolve, with an appropriate sense of urgency;
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to peers, management and customers at various levels of the organization;
- Prepares and delivers occasional section-level presentations to various audiences using clear, concise and effective communication;
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Five (5) years of technical and professional experience in information technology in the assigned subject matter tasks that includes customer service experience or training; or an Associate’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer technology, or related field and three (3) years of experience as described above; or a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer technology, or related field and one (1) year of experience as described above; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Special Qualifications (May be required depending on area of assignment):
- Florida Driver’s License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Candidate to demonstrate competence and/or possess certifications in one or more specific IT functions.
- Acquire and maintain CJIS Certification.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, policies, personal computers, operating systems, and related software applications. Recommends changes to improve operational efficiencies;
- Skill in managing personal daily activities and minor projects for self;
- Skill in use and application of reference materials to research and solve minor problems;
- Skill in the application of theory in resolving minor problems;
- Skill in applying new technologies, soft skills and procedures;
- Ability to mentor teammates; work within teams to achieve success with others;
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective section-level presentations at various levels;
- Ability to use diplomacy in dealing with difficult customers and delivery of services;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with peers and others;
- Ability to communicate with tact, patience and courtesy at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to assist lower level personnel with training of new technologies;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships, both inside and outside of the work section;
- Ability to self-develop relevant job-related skill(s) for current role;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions, priorities, policies and procedures;
- Ability to identify, to take ownership of, and to troubleshoot and solve minor problems.
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Visual ability: Sufficient to effectively operate office equipment including copier, computer, etc.; and to read and write reports, correspondence, instructions, etc.
- Hearing ability: Sufficient to hold a conversation with other individuals both in person and over a telephone; and to hear recording on transcription device.
- Speaking ability: Sufficient to communicate effectively with other individuals in person and over a telephone.
- Mental acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs.