Pinellas County Access Portal
All permits for unincorporated areas and special areas we serve can be applied for in the Pinellas County Access Portal. To use the Pinellas County Access Portal, make sure to create an account. Please read the instructions website thoroughly before creating an account.
Do We Serve Your Area?
We serve unincorporated areas, Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Safety Harbor, and Oldsmar. Please verify with your city whether a preapproval letter is required for the project. If a preapproval letter is required by the city, it must be uploaded to the Pinellas County Access Portal when the permit is submitted.
Verify your jurisdiction by visiting Pinellas County My Neighborhood or the Pinellas County Property Appraiser website: pcpao.gov.
View contact information for building departments in Pinellas County
Make Permit Changes
CBP, BC, or BR Permits – DRS-Help@Pinellas.gov
Express – EBP Permit – BLDDIweb@Pinellas.gov
- To reinstate an expired permit that was processed prior to December 5, 2022, fill out a Central Permit Form and email it to the appropriate department. Emails are listed above.
- To reinstate an expired permit that was processed after December 5, 2022, please use the Pinellas County Access Portal to process your revision. Select Record and select Amend.
- To extend a permit that is about to expire, send an email to the appropriate department stating why the permit needs to be extended, and the permit number.
- To change a General Contractor, write a letter signed by the owner, and fill out a new Central Permit Form. Then, email to the appropriate department.
- To change subcontractors, write a letter signed by the owner, email the letter with a Subcontractors List to the appropriate department.
- To submit a revision, please use the Pinellas County Access Portal to process your revision. Under the Build tab you will see your permits. If the reviewer is waiting on you, you will see a link to make changes.
Accepted by credit card on the Pinellas County Access Portal.
Fee Schedule – Development Review fees begin on page 642.
Submit a Notice of Commencement (NOC)
For Pinellas County properties, you may record the Notice of Commencement (NOC) at the Pinellas County Clerk of Court. After the document is recorded, it must be attached when completing permit submittal to the Pinellas County Access Portal when applying. NOCs may also be sent via email to BuildingPermitRecord@Pinellas.gov.
Notice of Commencement (NOC) Recording: Pinellas Clerk Online recording services for businesses only or at locations below:
315 Court St. Clearwater – Room 150
545 1st Avenue North St Petersburg – Room 153
Per Florida statute all Notice of Commencements must be on site for each inspection.
Permit Submittal Intake Checklists
Permit Submittal Intake Checklist
The following are potential requirements to accompany Residential and Commercial Permit applications. Requirements vary based on the type of permit.
- Habitat Permit Form: When exterior work or new construction is being proposed
- Right-of-Way Utilization Form: For projects proposed in the County Right of Way such as new/replacement driveways, sidewalks, sewer or water connections, temporary access, etc.
- Building Plans: Two complete sets of building plans; most projects will require these plans be signed and sealed.
- All plans must show existing conditions and proposed conditions.
- Current Boundary/Topographic Survey: Issued within last five years and plot plan/site plan for all projects. Outdated surveys will not be accepted for new construction.
- Recorded Notice of Commencement Form (NOC): For any project value over $2,500 for building trade and $15,000 for mechanical equal change outs.
- Completed Sub-Contractor Form: For any permits that require multiple trade work
- Owner Builders may start the application but must appear in person for affidavit verification with a valid State-issued ID. Owner Contractor Affidavit
- All other information that might be applicable to specific projects such as:
- Signed energy forms & HVAC sizing calculations
- Florida Product Approval List
- Flood Zone Application (New Construction only- A&V Zones)
- FEMA Cost Breakdown information
- Copy of signed contract & Substantial Improvement Disclosure Form if FEMA 50% Rule is applicable
- No objection letters from electric company (pools and signs)
- For properties on septic, No objection letter/permit from the Florida Department of Health for proposed project
- Equipment specifications
- Safety Act Letter – Required for pools.
Development Review Permit Submittal Intake Checklist
The following are minimum requirements to accompany all Development Review applications, such as Zoning Clearances for Short-Term Vacation Rentals, Driveways, Slabs, Paving, Resealing, Restriping, Patios, Sheds with foundation under 100 square feet, Fill of all types, and Fences.
- Habitat Permit Form
- Right of Way Utilization Form: For projects proposed in the County Right of Way such as new/replacement driveways, sidewalks, sewer or water connections, temporary access, etc.
- Drawings: Detailing entire work scope.
- Site Plan/Survey
- All other information that might be applicable to specific projects.
- Please note certain documents may or may not be required, subject to review and scope of work.
- Please note: You must have a valid license associated with your Pinellas County Access Portal account in order to add your license to Permit applications. Permitting contractors will need to create an account through the Pinellas County Access Portal (instructions). A current state-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a state identification card, must be uploaded to your Pinellas County Access Portal account for Pinellas County Building Services to verify a license holder, a process that may take up to 24 business hours.
- Only licensed contractors can add a license to their Pinellas County Access Portal and contractor must be identified as the Account Owner. Authorized agents must be added as delegates by the contractor on the contractor account to act on their behalf once permissions have been granted.
PCCLB registered contractors
When registering with Pinellas County Access Portal, your contractor license must be in Active status. Please note if your contractor license does not appear when adding your license to the Pinellas County Access Portal account, your license may be expired, or may not be active in the PCCLB database. You will need to contact the PCCLB directly to rectify any issues with the status of your license. The Pinellas County Building and Development Review Services Department will not be able to update any license information. Permits will not be processed for inactive contractors.
All contractors not regulated by PCCLB
- Mobile Home installers/IH
- Fire Protection
Registration must be submitted to Building@pinellas.gov. Please include the following items:
- Copy of State-issued contractor license
- Liability and workers compensation insurance certificates
- Copy of State-issued identification (driver’s license, etc.); address must match contractor license
All permits applied for in error are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Express Permits are standalone and cannot be combined together for a larger project. There are three main types of building permits: Express, Residential, and Commercial. Visit the Digital Plan Room to view all permit types, including Development Review Services permits.
Questions? Contact us by email or at (727) 464-3888
- For private provider permits and protected address permits, please contact us.
Contact Us by Email:
Zoning/Residential Permitting :
Contractor Services and Inspections:
Pinellas County Access Portal:
Contact Us by Phone:
BDRS Call Center:
(727) 464-3888 (Press options 1, 1,1)
Zoning Clearances / Residential Permits: (727) 464-3401
(727) 464-3170, (727) 464-4165
Right of Way Permits:
(727) 464-3404 or
(727) 464-3741, (727) 464-3927,
Tree/Habitat Permits: (727) 464-3480
(727) 453-4000, IVR user IDs and pins are no longer required. Cut off for next day inspections is 3:30pm.
Follow the system prompts for the corresponding permit type.
Inspection Phone Line Codes
(727) 453-4000, IVR user IDs and pins are no longer required.
1002 B – Footing
1004 B – Slab
1006 B – Lintel
1008 B – Roof Sheathing
1009 B – Wall Sheathing
1010 B – Insulation
1012 B – Roof Dry-in
1014 B – Flashing
1016 B – Frame
1018 B – Wall Dry-in
1020 B – Lath
1022 B – Dry wall
1024 B – Roof Covering
1026 B – Column
1028 B – Fire Wall
1030 B – Steel
1032 B – Deck
1036 B – Press Test
1040 B – Tie Backs
1041 B – Caps
1042 B – Beams
1043 B – Mobile Home Tie Down
1046 B – Fire or Vehicle Damage
1050 B – Niche
1051 B – Static Water
1052 B – Partial Final Pool Protect
1060 B – Track
1065 B – Fill Cell
1070 B – Strapping
1075 B – Reroof in Progress
1097 B – Partial Final
1099 B – Final
1200 M – 1st Rough
1201 M – Partial Rough
1202 M – Oil
1204 M – Furnace
1206 M – Boiler
1208 M – Downdraft KV
1297 M – Partial Final
1299 M – Final
1600 C – 1st Rough
1697 C – Partial Final
1699 C – Final
1100 E – Sawpole
1102 E – Slab
1104 E – First Rough
1106 E – Temporary Power
1108 E – Service
1110 E – Pool Bond
1114 E – Wet Niche Bond
1116 E – Fire or Vehicle Damage
1118 E – Ceiling Rough
1122 E – TUG Inspection
1140 E – Partial Rough
1150 E – Rough FA
1151 E – Partial Rough FA
1152 E – Partial Final FA
1153 E – Final FA
1154 E – Partial Rough Low Voltage
1155 E – Partial Final Low Voltage
1197 E – Partial Final
1199 E – Final
1500 G – 1st Rough Gas Complete
1502 G – Aboveground Tank
1504 G – Underground Tank
1505 G – 1st Rough Piping and PT Int
1506 G – 1st Rough Piping and PT UG
1508 G – Piping Ext or Underground
1509 G – Appliance Install Only
1510 G – Gas Generator Set and Anchor
1540 G – 1st Rough Piping and PT Ext
1542 G – 1st Rough
* Gas Venting Only
1597 G – Partial Final
1599 G – Final
1700 R – 1st Rough
1710 R – Pressure Test
1797 R – Partial Final
1799 R – Final
1300 P – 1st Rough
1302 P – 2nd Rough
1306 P – Sewer
1308 P – Water Svc
1310 P – Big Tub
1312 P – DWV/Roof
1314 P – Shower Pans Only
1316 P – Irrigation BFD
1320 P – UG Storm Piping
1321 P – Storm Sewer
1322 P – Storm Conductors
1323 P – Roof Drains
1324 P – Tub Set Only
1325 P – Grease Interceptors
1327 P – Water Pipe Only
1330 P – Tankless W/H
1332 P – Medical Gas 1st Rough
1333 P – Medical Gas 2nd Rough
1397 P – Partial Final
1399 P – Final
1400 H – 1st Rough
1497 H – Partial Final
1499 H – Final
3002 ENGR – Final and/or CO