BDRS Forms & Permit Applications
Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
- Check to see if your property is in this area
- Building departments in and surrounding Pinellas County
Complete the following forms to apply for a permit:
- Central Permit Form — Use for Express Owner/Builder permits. Owner/Builder means that the Owner will be performing the construction listed in the work description on the permit form. Owner/Builder permits are an in-person application; please see service hours. If the Owner will not be acting as the contractor, then the Licensed Contractor would apply on the Pinellas County Access Portal. Persons with disabilities may contact our Office of Human Rights by calling (727) 464-4880 or submit this form for additional assistance with this document. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant.
- Protected Address Form — For properties with protected addresses. Form may be emailed, mailed in or dropped off during service hours. Persons with disabilities may contact our Office of Human Rights by calling (727) 464-4880 or by email for additional assistance with this document. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant.
- Sub-Contractor List — For the primary contractor to list the major trade sub-contractors for a job. This form must be submitted to Building Services and processed in order to activate and allow inspections for those trades. To submit, upload to the Pinellas County Access Portal or via email to Blddiweb@pinellas.gov.
- Habitat Permit Form — For properties with protected addresses conducting new construction or exterior work. This permit is required for all ground work or tree removal.
- Right of Way Utilization Form — For properties with protected addresses with projects proposed in the County right of way, such as new or replacement driveways, sidewalks, sewer or water connections, and temporary access.
- Contractor’s Tie-In Certification
- Fuel Gas Testing Certification — For a contractor to certify that they performed a proper leak test when installing one gas appliance, and that the gas system and appliance are free from leakage.
- Water Service Electrical Grounding Letter
- Digital Plan Room for the Pinellas County Access Portal
- Permitting Guide additional information on permitting
Forms, Letters, Requirements and Procedures
To be filled out by the appropriate contractor and given to Building Services.
- Accessory Storage Building – storage buildings that may include water and electric that won’t be use for housing
- Alarm System Project
- Architect/Engineer Inspection Program Application — Procedures for the Architects and Engineers Inspection program to perform building inspections in lieu of Building Services inspectors.
- Asbestos Forms
- Blower Door Test Notice — New construction residential buildings or dwelling units must have blower door testing performed by an approved third party prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Commercial Grease Hood Performance Test
- Contractors Authorization Letter — Authorization from a contractor to have other people apply and / or sign for permits under their license number.
- Duct Leakage Test
- Envelope Leakage Blower Door Test
- Fuel Gas Certification by Architect/Engineer — A letter from an engineer certifying that an unlisted gas appliance meets code.
- Phone Inspection Request Numbers and Types — List of inspection ID numbers for (727) 453 – 4000.
- Nonconversion Acknowledgment Policy & Procedure
- Nonconversion Acknowledgement
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) — Notice that improvements will be made to a property. For any project value over $2,500 for building trade and $15,000 for mechanical equal change outs. When this form is required, it needs to be recorded with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and then submitted to Building Services before any inspections can be scheduled.
- Plumbing Certification by Architect/Engineer — A letter from an engineer certifying that plumbing meets code.
- Pool/Hot Tub/Spa — Residential
- Pre-Power and TUG Inspections — Only for residential construction. TUG is a temporary underground service that uses the partially completed service panel in the home instead of a sawpole during construction. Prepower lets you energize an almost-completed home for a short time to complete certain tasks, such as turning on the A/C, finishing wood floors, or providing power to the pool pump once marcite is installed.
- Product Approval Schedule — Optional form to list the approved products that are being used. If only one or a few products are being used, the product approval numbers may be listed in the work description on the permit application instead.
- Re-Roofing Affidavit — Used by contractor to report fastening of roof deck and secondary water barrier installation.
- Rough Shower Pan Letter
- Short Term Vacation Rental
- Substantial Improvement Cost Breakdown — An itemized list of construction costs. It is used as a tool to help evaluate proposed construction to an existing building that does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Substantial Improvement Disclosure Form — An affidavit signed by the owner and contractor acknowledging their responsibilities and limitations for proposed construction to an existing building that does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Tankless Water Heater Calculation Worksheet
- Tub Inspection Letter — A letter from the primary contractor confirming that access has been provided to the concealed equipment for a Roman-style tub.
- Unresponsive Property Owner Policy — Used to administratively release a contractor from a permit when a homeowner refuses access for a final inspection.
For questions and concerns, please contact us at (727) 464-3888, or through our Live Chat feature in the footer of this page.
Flood Zone Application — Required form for construction permits for buildings in flood zones A or V. More flood zone information.
Online Express Permit Contractors
Residential Tree Removal — Use the Access Portal for tree removal /protection of trees for existing single family homes only. For more information visit the Environmental Department.
Window and Door Replacement Permits and Impact Shutter Permits
Window and Door Replacement Permits and Impact Shutter Install Permits are available through the Pinellas County Access Portal.
These online permit types are available to licensed contractors only.
Window and Door Replacement Permits and Impact Shutter Install Permits can be submitted online, but they do require review and approval prior to permit issuance. The following submission form is required, and will need to be attached to your online submission (at Step 4: Supporting Documentation) or submitted with your CPF when applying for a permit in person.
When applicable, based on the FBC-Existing Building, you can apply for a permit using the Opening Protection Exemption (25% existing glazing rule). Use the following form:
If you need additional help or information with your application, you can call us at (727) 464-3888 to get an example of a completed Window / Door Replacement Permit Form and Layout Diagram, as well as the Window/Door Permit Reference Guide.
- After-Hours Inspection — To request a building inspection outside the normal business hours of Building Services.
- Schedule an Inspection — All inspection requests are made through our automated telephone system. To access this system, you will need your record/permit number and inspection code.
- Temporary Power — For commercial construction. Allows energizing a building for a limited period of time to test equipment, such as refrigeration, or to test and balance the A/C system.
- Subdivision — Instructions and samples related to bonds, including completion and maintenance bonds — Sample