Health Care Services Division
Pinellas County’s goal is to increase access to quality health care, improve health of low-income/high-risk individuals and reduce health inequity. Health Care Services, a division of Human Services, partners with the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County to provide prevention-focused health care.
A Medical Home is your first stop for health care. A Medical Home is the place you can go for primary care and to help you receive other care offered in the Pinellas County Health Program. In addition, your Medical Home provides easy access to medical staff through same-day office appointments and physicians who are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies. For more information, visit the Florida Department of Health
To sign up for the Pinellas County Health Program, you must complete an online application from any computer with an internet connection.
Instructions on How to Apply Online
Open Enrollment for 2023 has ended; but you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period! Call (727) 460-6416 to make an appointment today. Pinellas County’s Certified Application Counselor is available year-round to help you with the Affordable Healthcare Marketplace and the Affordable Care Act.
News & StoriesView All News
Special Enrollment Period available for health insurance
Are you looking for health insurance? While the Affordable Care Act open enrollment for 2023 has ended, you may qualify for a…
- March 30, 2023 Vaccine Ambassador Project visits Pinellas County
- March 22, 2023 Beware of Health Insurance Fraud in the Marketplace
- December 13, 2022 Pinellas County Commission elects Chair, Vice Chair for 2023
- October 11, 2022 Pinellas County Commission recognizes Fire Professionals of the Year
EventsView All Events
Mobile Medical Unit – Pinellas Hope
The mobile unit is a medical office on wheels. It has provided basic care for more than 20 years. Pinellas County homeless…
- June 8, 2023, 8:30 am Mobile Medical Unit – Salvation Army ARC Salvation Army, ARC
- June 9, 2023, 8:30 am Mobile Medical Unit – Salvation Army One Stop Salvation Army One Stop
- June 9, 2023, 9:00 am Free Vision Screening /Evaluacion Gratuita de la Vista Pinellas County Health Department – Mid County
- June 12, 2023, 8:00 am Mobile Medical Unit – Services at Bayside Clinic Bayside Health Clinic
- June 13, 2023, 8:30 am Mobile Medical Unit – SVDP Center of Hope SVDP Center of Hope
- June 13, 2023, 3:00 pm Health Care for the Homeless Co-Applicant Board Virtual Meeting
Information & ResourcesView All
ProgramsView All Programs
Free Vision Screening
In the month of June, a series of Free Vision Screening sessions are available to individuals enrolled in the Pinellas County Health Program.
Click here for more information.