Employee Emergency Information
- Visit disaster.pinellas.gov for the most current information.
- Call your supervisor for information on department closures.
- Call the Employee Emergency Information hotline at (727) 453-3637 (starting Tuesday, August 29) for other employee resource information including host homes.
- Call the Pinellas County Information Center at (727) 464-4333 (available 24/7) for storm questions.
How to Prepare
- Visit disaster.pinellas.gov to view general information, including preparation guides and quick links.
- Sign up for Alert Pinellas to receive timely notifications via text, email, or phone call.
- Download the Ready Pinellas app (Apple App Store or Google Play) to help you prepare and receive up-to-date notifications.
- Monitor local news media and www.hurricanes.gov.
- The Employee Assistance Program is available 24/7 at (800) 862-3557, option 4, to help you and your family.
- For questions on medical coverage, contact Cigna 24/7 at (800) 862-3557.
- For prescription questions, contact Express Scripts 24/7 at (866) 544-9221.
- Be sure you have enough medications on hand in case pharmacies are temporarily unavailable. Floridians are permitted to receive early prescription refills.
Please check with your supervisor how to record your hours and complete your timecard.
- R’Club Childcare (internal SharePoint link for employees): R’Club will provide childcare services (ages 2 months through 5th grade or 12 years of age and special needs children through age 22) during the period of recovery (after the storm subsides) during the state of emergency. Employees must submit forms in advance; no one will be able to enroll and utilize services on the same day.
- Rosen Hotel Program (internal SharePoint link for employees): Employees who are required to work during or immediately after the storm and would like their families to be sheltered out of town may call the Rosen Reservation Line at 1-866-33-ROSEN and reference the Pinellas County Emergency Rate to book a room in Orlando at a discounted rate. Please note, this program is based on availability and rooms do go fast. A room at Rosen Plaza or Rosen Centre is $109 a night and a room at Rosen Shingle Creek is $129 a night.
- Host Homes Program (internal SharePoint link for employees): Employees and their immediate family members who live in an evacuation zone and have been ordered to leave their homes may evacuate to the home of a fellow Pinellas County employee who lives in a non-evacuation zone. Call the Employee Emergency Information Line at (727) 453-3637 for information.