Pinellas County Housing Finance Authority
The Housing Finance Authority is a public body, corporate and political, exercising the public and essential governmental functions set forth in Florida Statutes §§159.601, et seq. It exercises its power to borrow only for the purposes provided for in the statute to encourage investment by private enterprise and stimulate the construction and rehabilitation of housing through the use of public financing and the provision of low-cost loans to purchase affordable housing.
Special District Information
- The full legal name of the special district:
The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County
- The public purpose of the special district:
To help alleviate the shortage of housing available at prices or rentals which many persons and families can afford, and provide capital for investment in such housing.
- Membership Information
- The fiscal year of the special district:
October 1 through September 30
- Public Facilities Report:
- The full text of the special district’s charter (or special law, ordinance, or resolution creating the district)
The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County, is a separate public body corporate and politic authorized by Chapter 159, Part IV, Florida Statutes and created by the Board of County Commissioners of Pinellas County, Florida by Ordinance No. 82-32 adopted on the 12th day of October, 1982 and as codified as Division 8, Section 2-386 through 2-410 of the Pinellas County Code.
- The date of establishment: 1982
- The establishing entity: Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners
- The statute(s) under which the special district operates, if different from the statute or statutes under which the special district was established.
§ Florida Statutes 159.604
NOTE: Items not received by the deadline (see schedule below) will not be on the agenda for that meeting.
|Meeting Date||Deadline for Agenda Items|
|October 7, 2022||September 21, 2022|
|November 2, 2022||October 19, 2022|
|December 7, 2022||November 17, 2022|
|January 4, 2023||December 21, 2022|
|February 1, 2023||January 18, 2023|
|March 1, 2023||February 15, 2023|
|April 5, 2023||March 22, 2023|
|May 10, 2023||April 26, 2023|
|June 7, 2023||May 24, 2023|
|July 5, 2023||June 21, 2023|
|August 2, 2023||July 19, 2023|
|September 6, 2023||August 23, 2023|
|January 15, 2020||Housing Finance Authority||Agenda and Minutes|
|March 4, 2020||Housing Finance Authority||Agenda and Minutes|
|July 1, 2020||Housing Finance Authority||Agenda and Minutes|
|September 16, 2020||Housing Finance Authority||Agenda|
|December 2, 2020||Housing Finance Authority||Agenda|
|March 3, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|March 22, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|April 7, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|May 5, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|July 12, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|August 4, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|August 17, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|September 1, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|October 6, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|November 16, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|December 1, 2021||Housing Finance Authority||Minutes|
|February 2, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|March 2, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|April 6, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|May 4, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|June 1, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|July 13, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting: Cancelled|
|August 3, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|September 7, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|October 7, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda and Minutes|
|November 2, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting||Agenda|
|December 6, 2022||TEFRA Hearing for Riverside Apartments|
|December 7, 2022||Housing Finance Authority Board Meeting – Canceled|
- Contact Name: Kathryn Driver
- Mailing address:
450 Carillon Parkway, Suite 105, St. Petersburg, FL 33716
- Telephone number: (727) 223-6419
- Website URL: pinellas.gov/department/housing-finance-authority-of-pinellas-county/
- Submit questions/comments via our Contact Us form.
Boundary and Services Information
- A description of the boundaries or service area of the special district:
The boundaries are the same as the boundaries of Pinellas County.
- Description of the services provided by the special district:
Issue multi-family bonds to provide financing for multi-family projects within Pinellas County and issue single family bonds to provide funds for first mortgages for first time home buyers in Pinellas County and by interlocal agreements in Pasco and Polk Counties. Provide funds for down payment and closing cost assistance as companion second mortgages.
- List all taxes, fees, assessments, or charges imposed and collected by the special district, including the rates or amounts for the fiscal year and the statutory authority for the levy of the tax, fee, assessment, or charge. (For purposes of this subparagraph, charges do not include patient charges by a hospital or other health care provider.)
Primary Contact Information for the Special District for the Purposes of Communication from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- DEO Contact Name: Kathryn Driver
- DEO Contact Address:
450 Carillon Parkway, Suite 105, St. Petersburg, FL 33716
- DEO Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEO Contact Phone: (727) 223-6418
- A code of ethics adopted by the special district, if applicable, and a hyperlink to generally applicable ethics provisions.
State of Florida Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees
- The budget for the special district, in addition to amendments in accordance with s. 189.016.
- The final, complete audit report for the most recent completed fiscal year, and audit reports required by law or authorized by the governing body of the special district