Future Land Use and Zoning Information

How to Apply

Future Land Use or Zoning Changes, Development Agreements, Type 3 Uses

You will find the process to apply for future land use changes, zoning changes, development agreements and type 3 uses below.

  • Submit an application online.
  • Submit a paper application to the Land Use and Zoning Division. You can request the application from the Planning Department in one of the following ways:
    • Submit an application request form.
    • Call (727) 464-5047.
    • Visit the office at 440 Court St, 4th Floor, Clearwater, FL 33756.
  • Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to call or visit the Land Use and Zoning Division to review the proposal.
  • Complete the required zoning application, file with the County and pay filing fees. Once the application is advertised, fees cannot be returned.
  • Complete the Type 3 Use Application.
  • The Development Review Committee (DRC) reviews the proposal to help facilitate staff’s development of recommendations.
  • At a Local Planning Agency (LPA) public hearing, the LPA will ensure consistency with the Comprehensive Plan and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
  • At a Board of County Commissioners public hearing, the Board has the final authority on decisions, unless they involve State Areas of Critical Concern.

Variance Requests, Type 2 Uses

You will find the process to apply for variance requests and type 2 use below.