Resources for Green Building Practices
Florida Friendly Landscaping
Historic Preservation & Sustainability
Tree Canopy Preservation
- Pinellas County Development Review Services
Water Resource Protection & Conservation
- Pinellas County Utilities
- Watershed Management Plans
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Clean Marina Program
- Florida Green Building Coalition
- U. S. Green Building Council
- LEED Certification
- Green Affordable Housing Coalition
- Global Green USA-Green Affordable Housing Initiative
- Low Impact Development Center – Nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of low-impact development (LID) technology. Includes examples of LID techniques, including the project design, planning, outreach, and ordinance development.
- Stormwater LID – Low Impact Development Center
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Guide to Low Impact Development
- EPA Directory of LID Resources
- Built Green – A Seattle-based green building program – the website provides an overview of general green-building techniques and options that could be used as a general guide to assist with the understanding of what actually makes up a green building.
- UN Report on Trends of Sustainable Development
- Federal Green Construction Guide – Comprehensive guide to procuring green building products and construction services within the Federal government. EPA partnered with the Office of the Federal Environmental Executive and the Whole Building Design Guide to develop the Guide for Specifiers.
- Building for Environmental and Economic Sustainability (BEES)
The BEES 4.0 software allows users to compare environmental and economic costs of competing products to assist in the selection of building materials.
- Building Sustainable Sources
- Sustainable Architecture