Florida Friendly Landscaping:
Historic Preservation & Sustainability:
Tree Canopy Preservation:
- Pinellas County Development Review Services
Water Resource Protection & Conservation:
- Florida Green Building Coalition
- U. S. Green Building Council
- Green Affordable Housing Coalition
- Global Green USA-Green Affordable Housing Initiative
- Low Impact Development Center -
Non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of LID technology.
Includes examples of LID techniques, including the project design,
planning, outreach, and ordinance development.
- Stormwater LID-Low Impact Development Center
- HUD Guide to LID
- EPA Directory of LID Resources
- Built Green - A Seattle-based green building program- the web site gives a good overview of general green-building techniques and options that could be used as a general guide to assist with the understanding of what actually makes up a “green building”.
- UN Report on Trends of Sustainable Development
- Federal Green Construction Guide -
Comprehensive guide to procuring green building products and construction services
within the Federal government. EPA partnered with the Office of the Federal Environmental
Executive and the Whole Building Design Guide to develop the Guide for Specifiers.
- Building for Environmental and Economic Sustainability (BEES)
The BEES 4.0 software allows users to compare environmental and economic costs of competing products to assist in the selection of building materials.
- Building Sustainable Sources
- Sustainable Architecture