Age-Friendly Services and Resources
FREE Assistance with Medicare Enrollment
SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) is hosting virtual classes for anyone interested in learning more about Medicare. You can join by computer or phone! View details at floridashine.org.
Take our Age Friendly Pinellas survey
and share your ideas!
English En Español
Area Agency on Aging – COVID-19 Updates and Information
Social Services / Resources
- Adult Emergency Financial Assistance Program
- This is available to qualifying adults who need a helping hand during unexpected financial hardships.
- Affordable Care Act
- Pinellas County’s certified application counselor can help you find and enroll in health coverage options through the marketplace.
- All-Hazard Guide / En Español
- Assistance with Social Security Disability Claims
- Disability advocates will help you prepare disability applications.
- En Español version
- Care Fund
- Learn how you can help our neighbors in need.
- Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) Program
- The program provides community-based services organized in a continuum of care to help functionally impaired elders live in the least restrictive yet most cost-effective environment suitable to their needs.
- Department of Children and Families
- Several programs for families and seniors include adult protective services, independent living services and mental health.
- National Institute of Aging
- Find a wide variety of research-based information and resources related to health and aging.
- Office of Human Rights
- Provides protection against discrimination.
- Older Floridians Handbook
- Explains and describes, in easily understandable language, laws and programs that affect elderly Floridians and their families.
- Safe Medication Disposal
- Senior Helpline
- 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares
- Crisis intervention, information and referrals for local health and human services.
- Veterans Services
- Understand and apply for benefits.
- Home Repair Loans, Independent Living Program and Other Services for Seniors
- A Free Service to Help You Find or List Rental Housing Online or by Phone (877) 428-8844
- Tampa Bay Regional Transit Authority
- Your source for transportation information across the seven-county Tampa Bay Region.
- Neighborly Care Network
- Provides door-to-door service for a fee.
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Transportation Disadvantaged Program
Community and Health Services
- Empath Health
- Care and support for those facing chronic or terminal illnesses, experiencing grief or traumatic grief and complete sexual health and wellness for all ages.
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services & Technology (FAAST), Inc.
- FAAST is a nonprofit organization that helps Floridians with disabilities increase access to assistive technology.
- Pinellas County Health Program
- Program for Primary Care and for Help in Receiving Other Health Care
- National Association of Counties Discount Prescription Card
- Sunstar FirstCare Ambulance Membership Plan
- This annual membership plan lowers health-care expenses for Sunstar ambulance transportation.
- Alzheimer’s Disease / Related Dementia
- Florida Gulf Coast Chapter is here for you when and how you need us.
News and Information You Can Use
- Consumer Protection
- Emergency Preparedness
- Know what to do in emergencies and learn the closest shelter near you.
- Senior Connection Resources
- Find help with electric, water and gas bills.
- Safe Use of Medicines for Older Adults
- Pinellas County Speakers Bureau
- Pinellas County attempts to provide speakers knowledgeable in many topics of interest.
Can you spare a little time? There are lots of great ways to help your community and neighbors in need.
- Volunteer in Pinellas
- Pinellas County depends on volunteers to help provide residents and visitors the best service possible.
- Get Involved in Your Community
- Pinellas County Calendar
- A Listing of Pinellas County Public Meetings and Events
- Pinellas County Newsletter
- Don’t miss out! Sign up to receive county news and stay up-to-date on topics important to you.
- Seniors (age 65+) can buy Pinellas County’s Annual Beach Parking Permits at discount.
- Property Tax – Senior Exemption
- Veterans Discounts – this page includes information and resources for veterans including veterans’ discounts.
A variety of services are available. Certain eligibility requirements may apply.
- Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas
- Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas is a private nonprofit agency serving seniors and their caregivers in Pasco and Pinellas counties.
- Alzheimer’s Disease/Related Dementia
- The Caregiver Connection is a coordinated array of services designed to meet the unique needs of people living with Alzheimer’s disease or a memory-related disorder and their caregivers.
- Lighthouse of Pinellas County
- Independent living skills classes at Lighthouse of Pinellas address a wide range of daily activities that become very challenging for the person with severe to total vision loss, such as dialing the phone, telling time, maintaining financial independence, personal grooming, matching clothing, cooking and keeping one’s home clean and organized. For residents 55-plus.
- Neighborly Care Network
- Neighborly’s nutrition program provides daily nutritious meals directly to seniors in Pinellas County who are age 60-plus and homebound by reason of illness, disability or isolation. Neighborly transportation is provided daily to senior dining sites for a nutritious meal, socialization, and planned and spontaneous activities.
- Pinellas Opportunity Council – CHORE Services
- Provides heavy household cleaning and yard work services to low-income seniors (60 and older) to help maintain a safe, sanitary living environment.
- YMCA – EnhanceFitness
- The EnhanceFitness program is available to low income seniors (55-plus) that focuses on cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility – everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age. Those with chronic conditions such as arthritis have been shown to gain strength and independence they thought was lost.
Parks, Preserves, Trails and More
- Blueways Guide – Trail Guide to Paddling Pinellas County
- County Parks – There are 15 county parks to enjoy throughout Pinellas County.
- Camping at Fort De Soto Park
- Green Space Brochure – Neighborhood Parks
- Florida Botanical Gardens – Enjoy the beautiful gardens and peaceful settings.
- Heritage Village – Explore houses of the past.
- Pinellas Trail – Enjoy the award winning Pinellas Trail where you can walk, jog, bicycle or skate your way along the 47-mile long trail.
- Pinellas County Extension – Learning just got fun! Check out the unique classes offered at the Extension.
- Brooker Creek Preserve – Explore the largest natural area in Pinellas County.
- Weedon Island Preserve – Expansive 3,190-Acre Natural Area on Tampa Bay.