Lealman Garbage and Recycling Collection
The Lealman Solid Waste Collection and Disposal District receives garbage collection through a Municipal Services Benefit Unit or MSBU. The district was created at the request of Lealman residents after they demonstrated to the Board of County Commissioners that numerous waste and litter issues existed in Lealman, creating community health and safety concerns.
To view collection zones and days, click on the image below or this link to be taken to Google’s interactive map of the Lealman Solid Waste Collection and Disposal District.
Collection Service Fees
The fee for residential garbage collection and disposal within the Lealman District is $216 per residential unit per year. All property owners pay this fee based on the number of residential units on the property, not the value or size of the property. This rate amounts to $18 for each month of service.
Curbside recycling can be added to your service. The cost of this service is $3.70 per month. To sign up for curbside recycling, contact Coastal Waste and Recycling at (727) 561-0360.
Bulky Waste and Yard Waste
If you have bulky waste or yard waste in excess of two cubic yards, contact Coastal Waste and Recycling at (727) 561-0360 for a special pickup. The cost of this service is $20 per pick up. How much is two cubic yards? About the size of your refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
The residential garbage collection and disposal fee appears on your property’s tax bill each year as a non-ad valorem assessment. You will not receive a bill from Coastal Waste and Recycling. Like property taxes, collection of the assessment is in arrears. This means that the annual cost of garbage collection service for a calendar year appears on the tax bill issued in November of the service year. Although the assessment appears on your tax bill, it is a fee for service, not a tax. Collection of the service fee on the property tax bill keeps administrative costs low, allowing us to keep the cost of service low. However, just like taxes, there are discounts of up to 4% available for early payment.
- Place garbage in cart (do not set out separate bags or bins of garbage)
- Do not overfill cart (i.e., lid must close when cart is full)
- Limit is two cubic yards per week (how much is two cubic yards? About the size of your refrigerator)
- Place separately at the curb on either collection day of the week
- Branches not to exceed four feet in length and four inches in diameter
- Limit is less than two cubic yards per week
- Place separately at the curb on your second collection day of the week
- For service related questions, contact:
Coastal Waste and Recycling
2180 Lake Avenue SE
Largo, FL 33771
- For billing related questions, contact:
Pinellas County Department of Solid Waste
Lealman District Coordinator
3095 114th Avenue North
St. Petersburg, 33716
- Where Does It Go? Search Tool
- Recycle Guide
- Household Chemical Collection
- Collection: Garbage & Recycling
- Hours: Solid Waste Disposal Complex
- Disposal Fee Information
- Educational Resources: Garbage and Recycling
- Recycling FAQ
- Map of Recycling Drop-Off Centers
- Artificial Reef Program
- Mulch Pickup Program
- For Businesses: Garbage & Recycling Resources
- How Mixed Recycling Works In Pinellas County
- Video Library: Garbage and Recycling
- Holiday and Gift-Giving Guide
- Pinellas Partners in Recycling
- Waste-to-Energy Facility
- Solid Waste Master Plan
- Solid Waste Disposal Accounts
- Lealman Garbage and Recycling Collection
- Tampa Bay Recycles
- Why Recycling Is Important
- Discover Careers with the Department of Solid Waste