Development Review Services
Our permitting and inspection services have moved to our Pinellas County Access Portal.
The Pinellas County Automated Inspection Phone Line is (727) 453-4000.
TEMPORARY SERVICE CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
To protect the public and staff, Building and Development Review Services has implemented temporary service changes. Until further notice:
- Permits and development applications can be picked up or dropped off in the lobby of 440 Court Street without an appointment from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Same-day, in-person services are available only through our Get In Line Online service between 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for:
- Express permits only (limited to 3).
- New submittal assistance.
- Owner-builder submittals.
- Check payments for approved permits/issuance.
- Limited consultation for existing projects.
- Zoning, planning and land use consultation.
- Inspections will be limited to the exterior of a structure if possible. Interior inspections will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and will follow CDC social distancing recommendations.
- Permit and application fees can be paid only by credit card.
- All public meetings will be held telephonically or virtually.
We understand this impacts the overall processing timelines, and our staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible. (Contractors may still make permitting and inspection requests online.)
Development Review Services works with multiple teams, including the Development Review Committee, to evaluate applications for land development in unincorporated Pinellas County. We provide the most efficient, effective and coordinated service possible in accordance with the County’s Land Development Code.
Engineering and Drainage: Drainage requirements, storm water drainage, floodplains and flooding, and roads.
Site Development: Completion bonds, maintenance bonds, platting, site plan review and more.
Tree Removal / Habitat / Environmental Compliance: Permits for removing a tree, mangrove trimming, and other habitat codes and landscaping options.
Zoning and Land Use: Maps and aerials, rezoning or land use changes, variances, special exceptions and more.
- Pinellas County Codes / Municode
- Engineering & Technical Information
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permit Applications
- Glossary of Terms
- Phone Numbers