What We Offer
An important way to show appreciation for our employees’ dedication and contributions is to offer rewarding compensation and appealing benefits. Pinellas County Government is proud to offer an excellent benefits package that includes competitive pay, medical coverage, Florida Retirement System (FRS) plans, and tuition reimbursement. Our benefits package ranks #1 compared to 12 local public entities in a recent survey. See two examples below.
Total Compensation Example #1
An exempt (salaried) employee who earns $89,918 in annual wages receives additional benefits valued at $50,006 for a total compensation value of $139,924.
Total Compensation Example #2
A classified (hourly) employee who earns $47,133 in annual wages receives additional benefits valued at $35,288 for a total compensation value of $82,421.
Total Compensation Statement
Current employees may view or print a personalized up-to-date statement in OPUS with the value of their wages (including paid time off) and benefits.
View an overview of our wide variety of benefits below. For questions, visit Benefits or call Human Resources at (727) 464-3367, option 1.
View the Benefits Handbook for a summary or use the links below for detailed information.
- Disability: Short Term and Long Term
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plans (subsidized rates, see the premium table below)*
*Medical Plan Biweekly Premiums
|Coverage||2023 Biweekly Cost|
|Employee and Spouse or Domestic Partner||$139.97|
|Employee and Child(ren)||$111.66|
- Pinellas County participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- Employees contribute 3% and Pinellas County contributes 4.91% for regular status employees on the pension plan and 6.3% for those on the investment plan. View FRS contributions which details Pinellas County’s full contribution including the Health Insurance Subsidy benefit and administrative costs.
- Deferred compensation plans are available.
- Retiree benefits include medical, prescription, vision and dental coverage, plus life insurance.
- Retired Employees of Pinellas County REPCO) offers monthly luncheon meetings.
Learn more about retirement.
- 9 to 11 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 2 paid personal days per year
- 15 days (120 hours) of leave per year, which may be used as earned for vacation or sick time
- Military leave, jury duty and funeral leave
Learn more about paid time off.
- Employees may be reimbursed for classes related to career development or job skills improvement.
- Up to $2,800 will be reimbursed for eligible expenses per full-time employee per fiscal year.
Learn more about tuition reimbursement.
- Free membership at the Wellness Center
- Discounts on gyms, classes and programs
- Wellness Champion for each department
Learn more about the Wellness Program.
Pinellas Federal Credit Union is available to employees.
YouDecide offers discounts on items such as tourist attractions, cellphones and gym memberships.
Employees’ Advisory Council
Classified employees are represented by the Employees’ Advisory Council (EAC) which serves in an advisory capacity to the Personnel Board and the Director of Human Resource.
Friend in Need
Employees may volunteer to donate paid leave time to other employees in need.
Learning & Development
Learning opportunities include in-house courses on communication, career development, supervision, diversity and inclusion, team building, retirement and more. Courses are offered in virtual and in-person formats. Learning Paths offer professional growth and development certification.
Employees can earn up to $1,000 cash for referring a candidate hired for a permanent position.
Employees earn Rewards Program points for service anniversaries, wellness activities and retirement (internal link for employees). Choose from thousands of gifts including apparel, health, electronics, travel and tools.